I was so excited to see such a great picture of my great, great, grandmother. My bubble was popped as I learned it is a picture of my grandfather's sister. It is still an awesome picture. My grandfather was a photographer and may have taken the picture.
... four-year-old hiding in the shadows? It is me. -
- This picture was taken on Mothers' Day in 1952. Front and center is my sister Sarah. She is two years older than I am. I am standing between my brothers John, age nine and George, five months shy of being eight years old. My brother Frank, age 11 is standing behind Sarah. My mother is holding baby Eloise, and my father is holding Lucia, age two. Enjoy a moment in the past. -
- Dennis and I went on an adventure to Mt Angel to get an early peek at the Wurst Fest. The Fest actually starts Saturday, but I had heard on Good Morning Portland that the Mt Angel Sausage Company would start Friday afternoon. We ate and listen to German playing the Accordion. Well, maybe she was dressed like a German. Dennis and I test tasted the Fire Alarm #4, and we are still alive, yea! I brought four Fire Alarm #4 brat worst links for my son-in-law Larry. I am excited for his report.
- Writing on the picture: Hubert Huntzinger about age 18. His mother, Ida Elisabeth Huntzinger painted the pretty scarf, and Lottie made his dress-up outfit. He loved to dress up and take pictures of himself. He had a beautiful tenor voice and always sang with the family when the family had song and music in the evenings (around an old square style piano). -
- Laura feels a sense of a connection to him, and both are photographers. -
Little about me:
- Age 62.
- Married 43 years to my high school sweetheart.
- Retired from the US Navy after 25 years. I was a mustang officer. Chief Yeoman, then off to Office Candidate School, and retired as a Lieutenant in the Supply Corps.
- Currently teach for the University of Phoenix.