- First chore was to eat breakfast. The young lad wasn't too hungry, and he left some uneaten.
- Moving dirt with a rake
- stacking brinks
- filling the yard debris bin. He and I filled it so we could just get the lid shut
- He found a past father's day gift he gave me . He put his hand over his younger hand and said, "it doesn't fit."
- He picked the same toy as Landon, and he wants to play Toy Story 3 with him. He took a yellow rose bud from the yard home to his mom. He and I had a blast. Also, I was asked over a hundred time, "What time is it?" I have a buddy in Michael.
- Sandi's Run was a first for Salem, and there are plans to for it to be an annual event. There were some logistic problems, and I will volunteer next year to help mark the route. We were told to stay left and there were a couple of spots we should have stayed right. All in all, I ran 2.49 miles in 36.08 minutes. I was on a pace that would have beat my Utah time by three minutes. I will use my extrapolated time of 44.91 as my time to beat on my next race. :)
Martha is cheering me on, and she is a distant cousin. We both are decendants Lorenzo Dow Young in our lines (our blood). She comes through his first wife and I from his fifth wife. Maybe a distant cousin, but a cousin is a cousin. :)
There was another cousin that was going to run with us, but she came up with an excuse that we must put in the record books. She pulled her hamstrings picking strawberries. Get will soon Kim! No more picking strawberries for you, or you can take a little chair to sit on.
Question, will the hamstring excuse keep her away from Eclipse? Go Team Edward!
... little bee, making honey for me (or someone) -
- we have a few Spanish Lavender bushes, and the bees love them. I found one holding still for me while I took its picture. I told him that if he did not sting me, I would not kill him. We both won. :) Enjoy!
- We are excited about the blossoms because many of our blossoms turned brown early. I am thinking it was the result of having damaged/cut bulbs from dividing the main bush. I expect many blossoms next year. Enjoy!
... asked if he could do chores for a Toy Story 3 toy. -
- The plan was for Laura to drop him off at 10 AM; however, Laird called at 9 AM and invited us over for waffles. I went over, but Nancy was getting ready to go visiting teaching and missed out. Yes, this was a surprise to Laura. :)
- Landon returned with me to do chores.
- His first chore was to put weeds in the yard debris bin after I pulled or dug them. He was doing okay until he saw a bug on the bin. To him bugs are bad.
- His second chore was to stack bricks. He became the supervisor right after seeing bugs and spider webs.
- His third chore was to vacuum our AC/heater air filter in the attic. He was excited to go into the attic, but the vacuum made too much noise for him. He held his hands over his ears while I vacuumed.
- Nancy prepared us lunch. Laird and Lach was dropped off for lunch with a mom's promise to be right back. Right back means after lunch and an hour later. I love you Laura. Stephanie was a big help with the three boys. I love you Stephanie, and thanks for the rescue.
The final chore was for Landon to help me put an air conditioner in our bedroom window. Let me explain, we do have central air and heat rises. So the downstairs is nice and cool while we bake upstairs. Hint for the next AC opportunities is plan for zones in the house.
After the window AC was in, and Landon was very good at handing me each tool I asked for, we were off to Walmart. Landon picked our a $6 Buzz Lightyear. I told him he only earned up to a ten-dollar toy.
I will do the same for my other five-year old grandson. Sarah, let me know if he is up to spending five hours working with his grandfather.
Little about me:
- Age 62.
- Married 43 years to my high school sweetheart.
- Retired from the US Navy after 25 years. I was a mustang officer. Chief Yeoman, then off to Office Candidate School, and retired as a Lieutenant in the Supply Corps.
- Currently teach for the University of Phoenix.